Respiratory Protection - Fit Testing
Behavior Safety Associates, LLC provides employers Respiratory Protection services to protect the safety and health of employees working in atmospheres with potentially harmful respiratory exposures. Our written policy and training procedures comply with 29 CFR 1910.134, Respiratory Protection.
Respiratory risks include oxygen deficient atmospheres and harmful dusts, fogs, fumes, mists, gases, smoke, sprays, vapors, and particulates encountered in work such as welding, metal shaping and finishing, surface preparation (air driven particulate blasting), confined space entry, and well servicing operations. Respiratory equipment is required when engineering control measures are not feasible, or during emergency situations with high exposure.
Personnel with exposure to harmful dusts, fogs, fumes, mists, gases, smoke, sprays, vapors, and particulates encountered in the course of work are required to use respiratory protection and must meet the following requirements:
- Will successfully complete respiratory protection training
- Will have documentation of a medical evaluation certifying the physical condition of the individual to wear respiratory protection devices
In addition to providing your organization with written respiratory protection Policy and procedures, Behavior Safety Associates, LLC provide respiratory protection fit testing and training, giving your employees a thorough understanding of:
- Employee knowledge of respirators
- Proper use
- Emergency situations
- Positive and negative fit checks
- Maintenance, cleaning and storage
- Medical signs and symptoms of effective use
- General requirements of the OSHA standard.
Respiratory protection fit testing and training must be provided before requiring an employee to use a respirator. Employees must receive annual refresher training as required by 29 CFR 1910.134(k)(1‑5).