injury & illness prevention program (IIPP)
The Injury and Illness Prevention Program is an organization’s most important health and safety regulation / program. Behavior Safety Associates, LLC has written thousands of IIPPs since the IIPP law was first administered by the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal-OSHA) in 1991. Now OSHA is drafting a Federal IIPP standard.This law requires employers to establish the following foundation safety program elements applicable to all workers regardless of their particular job duties:
- Ensure workers are trained in, and comply with, safe work practices;
- Inspect for and correct unsafe / unhealthy work conditions as soon as possible;
- Maintain documentation of all training and inspections;
- Encourage workers to report unsafe conditions / near misses without fear of reprisal;
- Communicate safety issues in a way that is understandable to all workers;
- Report and investigate all occupational injuries and illnesses.